Comment on page
Setting up your Wallet
Leap is the most advanced Super Wallet on the Cosmos Network, offering an outstanding user experience tailored specifically for Cosmos users. Available as mobile apps for iOS and Android, and as a browser extension, Leap allows its users to safely explore Cosmos Hub and 50+ Cosmos chains, transfer and exchange your assets, access DApps including EclispeFi, earn staking rewards, participate in governance, make IBC transfers, manage NFTs, and much more, all from within its comprehensive wallet app.
To set up your LEAP wallet follow these steps:
- 2.Upon opening the app or extension, you will be presented with four options: create a new wallet, import an existing Keplr or Cosmostation wallet, or import using a seed phrase/private key. Choose the option to create a new wallet.
- 3.You will be shown a secret recovery phrase. Make sure to save this phrase in a safe and secure location, as it is the only way to recover your wallet. Do not share this phrase with anyone.
- 4.Create a password to encrypt your wallet. Choose a strong password that you will remember.
- 5.Your wallet is now set up and ready to use. You can access it by clicking on the LEAP wallet icon in your browser's toolbar. If you are using Chrome, the icon will be located in the top right corner of your browser. If you cannot find the icon, look for a "puzzle piece" icon and click on it to access a list of installed extensions. There, you should find LEAP wallet which you can pin to your toolbar by clicking the pin icon.
- 6.You can now use your LEAP wallet to access and interact with the Cosmos Network, including staking native tokens, voting on governance proposals, and accessing DApps.
Congratulations! You are now prepared with the best tool to explore the Cosmos ecosystem! Please note that the Leap Cosmos wallet is a self-custodial wallet, meaning you are always in control of your funds so long as you keep your information safe. Here’s a quick primer on best practices for wallet safety.
Follow these easy steps to import your existing Keplr Wallet into Leap:
- 1.Click on ”Import an existing Wallet using Keplr”Untitled
- 2.Enter Secret recovery Seed Phrase that you would have saved someplace secure while creating your Keplr wallet
- 3.If you have used multiple accounts in Keplr, you can choose to import them here
- 4.Create a new password, and make sure you remember it
- 5.Your Leap Wallet is ready!
To import your wallet using your private key, follow these steps:
- 1.Click on the option to import your existing wallet “Using a private key”
- 2.Paste your private key in the text box.
- 3.Your Leap Wallet is ready to use now.