Comment on page
Eclipse (ECLIP) Token
$ECLIP is a functional multi-utility token which will be used as the native governance and utility token of the Eclipse Fi platform and ecosystem. It serves as a tool for determining token distribution for project launches, balancing the distribution between smaller users and larger stakeholders (whales), and ensuring that long-term community members get increased access to launches.
$ECLIP is also intended to play a key role in the future decentralisation and community governance of Eclipse Fi. On top of this it will be used to increase ecosystem gamification throughout the different launch modules. Owning $ECLIP tokens will be crucial for interacting with key features of the Eclipse Fi platform and will entitle holders to numerous access privileges.
$ECLIP will be distributed to encourage users to exert efforts towards contribution and participation in the ecosystem on Eclipse Fi, thereby creating a mutually beneficial system where every participant is fairly compensated for its efforts. $ECLIP is an integral and indispensable part of Eclipse Fi, because without $ECLIP, there would be no incentive for users to expend resources to participate in activities or provide services for the benefit of the entire ecosystem on Eclipse Fi. Given that additional $ECLIP will be awarded to a user based only on its actual usage, activity and efforts made on Eclipse Fi and/or proportionate to the frequency and volume of transactions, users of Eclipse Fi and/or holders of $ECLIP which did not actively participate will not receive any $ECLIP incentives.
$ECLIP does not in any way represent any shareholding, ownership, participation, right, title, or interest in the Company, the Distributor, their respective affiliates, or any other company, enterprise or undertaking, nor will $ECLIP entitle token holders to any promise of fees, dividends, revenue, profits or investment returns, and are not intended to constitute securities in Panama, Singapore or any relevant jurisdiction. $ECLIP may only be utilised on Eclipse Fi, and ownership of the same carries no rights, express or implied, other than the right to use $ECLIP as a means to enable usage of and interaction within Eclipse Fi. The secondary market pricing of $ECLIP is not dependent on the effort of the Eclipse Fi team, and there is no token functionality or scheme designed to control or manipulate such secondary pricing. For the avoidance of doubt, neither the Company nor the Distributor deals in, or is in the business of buying or selling any virtual asset or digital payment token (including $ECLIP). Any sale or distribution of tokens would be performed during a restricted initial period solely for the purpose of obtaining project development funds, raising market/brand awareness, as well as community building and social engagement; this is not conducted with any element of repetitiveness or regularity which would constitute a business.
Owning and staking $ECLIP tokens will largely be a necessity in order to interact with key features of the Eclipse Fi platform. These native tokens will serve as the foundation of our platform and form the basis of our strategy for incentivising user participation and gamification.
Our tokenisation policy assumes that $ECLIP tokens function as a digital loyalty membership, so committed users who stake sufficient amounts of $ECLIP tokens long enough will be able to obtain increasing amounts of access privileges to our ecosystem. That strategy - often referred to as ‘stake-to’ model, involves following modules:
- Stake to participate: To keep track of the time/commitment of ecosystem participants, users which stake $ECLIP would receive Cosmic Essence, a non-transferable record that determines their "Cosmic Tier" level. This in turn controls their governance voting power during community vetting as well as affecting their odds of being whitelisted and determining the base allocation they can purchase. Hence, active involvement on the part of the user is necessary to participate in Eclipse Fi IDOs and gain increased access in future modular launches.
- Stake for access: Although the access to the platform and its features is free by default, there are some interactions or limits associated with them which are gated depending on the amount of $ECLIP tokens user stakes. For example users who stake more $ECLIP tokens will gain more access and enjoy higher chances of being selected for an allocation during an Eclipse IDO lottery.
- Participate for rewards: Apart from being an entry requirement to interact with our product, users which participate in IDO, marketing events, supported project launches will also be entitled to receive $ECLIP token rewards periodically, distributed as a form of incentive and gratification for being loyal members of our platform.
- Stake for benefits: Depending on how much and how long stakers stake or lock their $ECLIP tokens, they will accumulate Cosmic Essence, allowing them to increase their Cosmic Tier level. As these levels progress users are entitled to additional access and premium features that would normally remain inaccessible.
- Stake to trade: Only users which stake the $ECLIP access token will receive access to tradable NFT positions, allowing them to sell their project launch allocations on our internal marketplace. The option to convert such project launch allocations to NFTs will be subjected to minting fees, with higher level users incurring lower minting fees.
In addition to its numerous staking features, the $ECLIP token is intended to play a key role in aligning the community with Eclipse Fi, incentivising native programs and encouraging the growth of the ecosystem. The $ECLIP token will also be used inside grants and bounties, incentivising developers and researchers to come up with new launch models and launch flows. This will further help to drive the growth of the Eclipse Fi ecosystem. Governance: To promote decentralised community governance for the network, $ECLIP holders with sufficient Cosmic Essence would be able to propose and vote on governance proposals to determine future features, upgrades and/or parameters of Eclipse Fi, or provide feedback, with voting weight calculated in proportion to the tokens staked.
The right to vote is restricted solely to voting on features of Eclipse Fi; it does not entitle $ECLIP holders to vote on the operation and management of the Company, its affiliates, or their assets or the disposition of such assets to token holders, or select the board of directors or similar bodies of these entities, or determine the development direction of these entities, nor does $ECLIP constitute any equity interest in any of these entities or any collective investment scheme; the arrangement is not intended to be any form of joint venture or partnership.
We have built multiple options and methods for acquiring the $ECLIP token to make it as easy and frictionless as possible. The following are the methods which will be available:
- Astroport DEX: The primary liquidity pool for the $ECLIP token will exist on Astroport. Users will be able to acquire $ECLIP from the pool there.
- Centralised Exchanges: The $ECLIP token will be listed on one or several Centralised exchanges where the token will be available for trading.
- Cross-chain swaps through Squid router: Squid Router, built on Axelar, will allow users to acquire the $ECLIP token using a number of different cross-chain assets.